This summer I've been dreaming of ways to add more hands on nature to our co-op play space and this past weekend we finally took action. The inspiration came from an abandoned chunk of tree stump someone had dumped down the road at the park. My eyes lit up like a kid Christmas morning. I couldn't believe my luck! The next morning, Finlay donned his work boots to keep his feet safe and rode the dolly back down the hill hoping to find the pile of junk hadn't yet been cleared away.
Ta-da!

We got to work removing the prickly vines and periwinkle and the project began to take shape.
We even unearthed some very colourful bugs!
We transplanted some mint, chives and bought lavender, sage and a few other random plants. The kids love munching on the herbs!
I still consider it a work in progress and expect the space will be ever evolving. We've since painted some rocks, added a string of flags and discovered a swan and her chicks had moved in, courtesy of the lovely Bridget.
No comments:
Post a Comment